Monday, April 25, 2011

Work more!... so that I don't have to.

Houston Chronicle article:

When the next meal is a maybe

A ground-breaking study takes a look at how many families in area counties are struggling to put food on their tables

Among the findings in a landmark study of food insecurity in area counties: Every day more than 700,000 people in Harris don't know where they will get their next meal.
www.chron.com/disp/discuss.mpl/metropolitan/7535550.html


XLIBERALFOOL wrote:
That was a great article, but there is just one thing that I don't understand.
You all want to give me more federal food stamps? How is that going to feed my twelve children?
Everyone knows that food stamps are meant to be sold for 30 cents on the dollar. So, how will supporting my methamphetamine habit help feed my children?
I mean don't get me wrong. I appreciate the extra meth money. After all, one can never have too much meth.
I just don't get the connection.
more food stamps = more meth... and at the end of the day my twelve, oh make that thirteen now, children still go to bed hungry.
.
I will never understand you rich folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment